IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
- IBS or Spastic colon is a common gut disorder affecting 10% – 15% of people.
- It is a functional gastro-intestinal disorder.
- Commonly affected age group is between 20 and 40 years.
- Female gender is affected more than Male.
- It affects the quality the life and not the life expectancy.
IBS is broadly classified into:
- IBS – D > Diarrhoea Predominant.
- IBS – C > Constipation Predominant.
- IBS – A > Alternating stool pattern (diarrhoea and constipation alternates)
- IBS – PI > Post – Infectious IBS.
- IBS – U > Unsubtyped IBS.
- Unknown – in most of the cases.
- Stressful life event.
- Genetic factor.
- Overuse of antibiotics.
- Intolerance to certain foods especially spicy food.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:
- Frequent diarrhoea
- Pain and discomfort in abdomen
- Change in bowel habits
- Changes in faeces
- Feeling of incomplete evacuation
There is no specific test for IBS. However, investigations are performed to exclude other possible illnesses.
- Blood tests – Complete blood examination, ESR, serological test.
- Abdominal ultrasound.
- Stool microscopy and Culture.
- Hydrogen breath test.
Diet and lifestyle modification:
- Avoid taking carbonated / aerated drinks like soda and soft drinks.
- Eat fibre rich foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking sufficient water.
- Avoid taking highly seasoned foods and alcoholic beverages.
- Keep yourself Stress-free by doing relaxation techniques such as yoga, swimming, meditation, pleasant walk etc.
- IBS can be managed to its optimum in homeopathy.
- With our distinctive case-taking, the causes of the disease are identified and treated.
- “Ease your mind to ease your bowels” – Homoeopathic medicine has the ability to act on the mind and produce a calming effect by reducing the stress.
- Homoeopathy helps to keep your mind and body in harmony.
- It acts symptomatically and eases the sufferings without any side-effects.
- Thus, it has proved helpful to improve the Quality of Life.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.