URINARY TRACT INFECTION
Urinary tract infection is an infection in any part of the urinary system which removes the wastes and extra water from our body.
Urinary system includes two kidneys, two ureters, one bladder and one urethra. Most of the infections involve the lower urinary tract which includes the bladder and urethra.
- Kidney- Pyelonephritis (Infection of kidneys)
- Bladder- Cystitis (Infection of bladder)
- Urethra- Urethritis (Infection of urethra)
CAUSES AND RISK FACTORS
- Bacterial infection of urethra- from sexual intercourse (Honeymoon Cystitis), bacterias can also spread from anal region and vagina of women as it is closer to urethra (Sexually Transmitted Infections).
- Kidney or bladder stones- when it Blocks in the urinary tract, there will be stagnation of urine, that causes infections.
- Tumours or cancer near urinary tract- when it blocks the urinary tract, risk of UTI increases.
- Medical procedure for urination- Usage of catheters may increase the risk.
- Low immunity- Diabetes
- Using irritating products for personal hygiene- using products with harsh chemicals can alter the pH of the urethra.
RISK FACTORS in WOMEN-
- Naturally short length of urethra in women – Women has a greater risk of developing a UTI than men.
- Menopause- Hormonal imbalance during menopause alters the pH level of urethra, which increases chance of UTI.
- Birth control or contraceptive measures- Womens who uses Diaphragm and spermicidal gel are at higher risk of developing UTI.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Pain : Cramps or pain in lower abdomen or either sides of hips especially in women. Burning sensation while urinating
- Increased Frequency : Passing frequent, small quantity of urine than usual. Persistent urge to urinate.
- Blood in Urine : Urine appears red, bright pink or brown in colour
- Smell : Strong-smelling urine
- Fever with chills (Fever maybe the only symptoms seen in infants and children).
- Nausea, vomiting
- Sepsis- serious consequences can occur if a UTI spreads the kidneys.
- Clinical examination – By your Doctor.
- Urine Analysis- Urine Culture and Urine Routine
- Ultrasound (USG)- Kidney Urinary Bladder (KUB)
- Cystoscopy– Rarely
- CT scan– in severe UTI.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water in a day- Drinking water helps to dilute the urine and ensures that you’ll urinate more frequently allowing bacteria to be removed from urinary tract before an infection can begin.
- Urinate or Empty your bladder soon after intercourse Also, drink a full glass of water to help remove bacteria.
- Wipe from front to back- Wiping or washing private parts everytime after urinating and passing motion helps to prevent bacteria from the anal region spreading to vagina and urethra.
- Health Tips for Women-
- Avoid irritating feminine products and maintain personal hygiene- Using deodorant and powders in the genital area can irritate urethra. Use gentle pH balanced wash to your private parts or just wash with luke-warm water. Use organic or cotton based sanitary pads and change it every 6 hours once during menstrual cycle.
- Change your birth control method- Avoid using Diaphragms, unlubricated, spermicide-treated condoms, which can increase the risk of getting bacterial infections.
Homeopathy treatment helps to relieve the discomfort, pain and burning sensation. Homeopathy medicines helps in quick recovery of UTI and reduces the recurrence by improving immunity. Hence proper Homeopathic treatment with lifestyle changes provides best and safest solutions to common UTI problems.
Research on UTI was conducted in Rajasthan and Orissa:
The aim of this study was to review the research evidences in supporting of the effectiveness of homoeopathy in urinary tract infections caused by E.coli. Out of 12 chronic UTI cases 9 were cured and 3 were improved with homoeopathic individualized, constitutional medicines. Positive effects of homoeopathic medicines was observed in cases of UTI. Taking Homeopathic medicines can cures the UTI condition and helps in reducing the risk of going to the CHRONIC KIDNEY DAMAGE.
Consult our expert Homeopathic Doctor in the Being Well Clinic or any Homeopathic Doctor in case of following situations:
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Severe pain in lower abdomen
- Blood in urine
For further information and appointments kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org