Heatstroke, also referred to as Sunstroke, is a form of hyperthermia in which the body temperature is elevated dramatically due to exposure to high temperature. This most serious form of heat injury, heatstroke, can occur if your body temperature rises to 104 F (40oC) or higher. The condition is most common during summer. Heatstroke requires emergency treatment – if left untreated, it can quickly damage the vital organs such as brain, heart, kidneys and muscles. The damage worsens the longer treatment is delayed, increasing your risk of serious complications or sudden death.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS
- High body temperature of 104 F (40oC) or higher is the main indicator of heatstroke.
- Altered mental state or behaviour – Irritability, Anxiety, Mental confusion, Delirium, Seizures and Coma can also result from heat stroke.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Heat syncope (fainting attacks)
- Rapid breathing.
- Racing heart rate.
- Throbbing & Pulsating Headache.
- Heat Rashes on the skin.
THERE ARE CERTAIN EARLY SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ASTHMA
- Frequent cough at night
- Losing breath easily
- Feeling very tired during exercise
- Recurrent allergic issues
- Sleep issues.
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not wait to drink water until you feel thirsty or dehydrated
- Eat more watery vegetables and fruits.
- Wear a head cap when exposed to sun
- Always carry a water bottle while travelling
Our chief aim is to prevent the progress and the complications of this acute condition.
- First and foremost, cool the victim.
- Bring the victim to a sheltered area, remove the clothing and sprinkle cool water over the body.
- Fan the victim to promote sweating and evaporation, and place ice packs under the armpits. Apply wet cloth over forehead and abdomen.
- If the person is able to drink liquids, make them drink cool water or plenty of fresh juice or electrolytes to prevent dehydration.
- Monitor body temperature with a thermometer and continue cooling efforts until the body temperature drops below 101 F (38.3oC).
Symptomatic treatment of patient with homoeopathic medicines based on physical, mental and psychological symptoms helps in not only controlling Heat Stroke but also in arresting progression of this acute condition to other vital organs with further adverse complications including fatality.