Most common skin disease that is treated by the physician. It is commonly seen in teenagers. But it not uncommon to see one getting their first pimple at 20-35 years of age too. It sets back a negative impact on the quality of life
- Most common skin disease that is treated by the physician.
- It is commonly seen in teenagers. But it not uncommon to see one getting their first pimple at 20-35 years of age too.
- It sets back a negative impact on the quality of life.
- A lot of time psychological treatment is needed along with basic medication to completely treat acne.
FACTORS AFFECTING OR EXACERABITING:
- Hormonal changes in the body that affect pilosebaceous- specialised structures consisting of hair follicle and sebaceous glands that are more on face, chest and back.
- Usually during puberty these changes are seen.
- Trauma: scrubbing skin vigorously or picking the lesions.
- Comedogenic cosmetics.
- Medications: corticosteroids and anabolic steroids, antiepileptic drugs, lithium and certain contraceptives.
- Hormonal dysregulation occurs with Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Cushing syndrome.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:
- Open comedones (blackheads): dilated follicles.
- Closed comedones (whiteheads): white or skin coloured papules without erythema.
- Inflammatory lesions typically appear later and vary from 1 to 2 mm papules to nodules larger than 5mm.
- Large (5-15mm) inflammatory nodules and cysts occur in most severe cases and such nodulocystic lead to scarring.
- Acne vulgaris, is often, but not always, self-limited and resolves by late teenage or early adult years.
- Treatment is mandatory to alleviate disfigurement, enhance well-being, and prevent scarring.
- Patients require periodic clinical assessments to evaluate response to therapy and provide ongoing support and encouragement.
- As we know it is a disease which affect psyche also of an individual so Homoeopathy plays a major role in helping to get rid of the disease and simultaneously helping the well-being of the person.
- Sometime some topical applications may be advised for short time use, but eventually with these small, sweet pills, big bad boils will be eradicated from the system.